Wednesday, October 31, 2012

No Facebook!



So this was my first time ever having an assignment like this, using no Facebook or texting so I decided not to go on Facebook for 24 hours. When I got back from class after being assigned this assignment I went on my laptop to do some research for another class and Facebook was set as my homepage. Not thinking, I almost signed onto my profile without even noticing but before I hit enter on the keyboard I stopped my self. I didn’t realize how logging into Facebook had became a part of my daily routine. As the day went on I had caught myself multiple times unconsciously about to go on Facebook and so I started to think of other things to keep it off my mind such as going to the gym or doing homework assignments that didn’t involve using the computer to tempt me. When I came home from the gym all my roommates were logged into Facebook and I think it was so crazy how many times or how long us students stay logged on to a website and not realize that we are on it. I’m glad that I actually went through with this assignment, it was very eye opening to me and as sad as this seems, it was pretty challenging. I would recommend more people to go through with something like this because sometimes when we do something so much, it becomes a part of us and some of the activities we part take in our daily lives can distract us from being productive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment